[systemd-devel] systemd-nspawn trouble

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Apr 27 08:01:11 PDT 2015

On Sat, 25.04.15 01:44, Tobias Hunger (tobias.hunger at gmail.com) wrote:

> By the way: Is there a way to get the journal from a --ephemeral container?
>
> I had expected --link-journal=host to work, but --link-journal seems
> to not be allowed in any way.

I figure we should teach journalctl -m to actually watch running
containers and accessing their journals directly, without requiring a
symlink in /var/log/journal. For ephemeral containers (which exist
purely during runtime), this sounds like the best option since we
shouldn't litter persistant file systems with objects that should not
persist.

Added to TODO list.