[systemd-devel] systemd-nspawn trouble

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 14:20:09 PDT 2015

Yes, I was referring to a container when using the name "vm". Sorry if
I caused confusion with this, I used to run lots of real VMs and then
moved those over to containers and still think of those services as
virtual machines.

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 5:01 PM, Lennart Poettering
<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> I figure we should teach journalctl -m to actually watch running
> containers and accessing their journals directly, without requiring a
> symlink in /var/log/journal. For ephemeral containers (which exist
> purely during runtime), this sounds like the best option since we
> shouldn't litter persistant file systems with objects that should not
> persist.
>
> Added to TODO list.

That would be super awesome! And you could get rid of some of those
those --link-journal options.

PS: Networking works more like I had expected now, but I am not sure
what I changed. Maybe that was an issue with the arch packages or
something. I did I reinstalled both the server as well as all the
containers it runs a couple of times in the meantime.

Best Regards,
Tobias