[systemd-devel] initrd mount inactive

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Apr 30 02:39:45 PDT 2015

On Wed, 29.04.15 12:09, Aaron_Wright at selinc.com (Aaron_Wright at selinc.com) wrote:

> I applied those other commits you listed, and I took a look at the lvm2
> package, which was being compile with "--disable-udev_sync" and "
> --disable-udev_rules". I enabled both of those and recompiled both lvm2
> and systemd.
>
> Nothing changed. Sometimes var.mount is still bound to an inactive
> /dev/mapper/<name>.

Well, it will be bound to it, but systemd should not act on it
anymore and unmount it.

Also, th device should become active as soon as udev ran and reprobed everything.

> Do I need the *.rules files from lvm2?

Well, you do need the DM ones at least. That's actually where the
interesting bits are sicne they properly probe the LUKS device and
make it available for other components including systemd to pick it up.