[systemd-devel] Additional error details when resource limits are exceeded

Peter Hoeg peter at hoeg.com
Fri Dec 4 21:03:06 PST 2015

Hi,

I'm using systemd 228-3 on Arch Linux (up-to-date as of time of writing) and am having an issue figuring out why a particular service fails to run.

The message I am getting is "Job for teamviewerd.service failed because a configured resource limit was exceeded." but how do I figure out WHICH resource limit is causing this?

What I have tried:

1) checking "systemctl status teamviewerd.service" and "journalctl -xe" as mentioned by systemd
2) bumping up the various LimitXXX configuration items in the unit file
3) adding Environment=SYSTEMD_LOG_LEVEL=debug to the unit file

All in vain.

However running the ExecStart line manually using sudo works fine.

The fact that this is teamviewer really doesn't matter - it just happened to be where I noticed it, but providing additional info on this error would be very welcome.

--
Regards,
Peter