[systemd-devel] Query regarding "EnvironmentFile"

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Dec 26 11:28:19 PST 2015

Am 26.12.2015 um 20:19 schrieb Manuel Amador (Rudd-O):
> On 12/26/2015 07:06 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> people needing handholding - bah
>
> See, your problem is more a limited mindset / perspective problem.
>
>  From your attitude, you believe it's demeaning to use the proper tool
> for the job, taking it as a point of pride that you have deficient and
> obsolete tools at your disposal.
>
>  From your attitude, you also believe everyone else is obligated to
> maintain and support ugly workarounds that result in broken systems
> (e.g. no properly working reload).

DAMNED everybody else should use what he like

i just puke about the attitude of peole like Johann feeling the need to
demand changes and remove features all the time

there are no broken systems here - period

>> - for version control etckeeper does a damn good job,
>
> Your attitude also tells me that you don't understand the value of
> proper version control, with branching, merging, and possibly code
> reviews.  In other words, that you don't see your infrastructure and
> configuration as something to be managed as professionally as any other
> software engineering project.

my infrastructure is most likely better managed than anyone leses

>> so do me a favour and creep away with your attitude press reply days
>> and weeks later to every single post on a topic
>
> No, I don't think I will be taking orders from you.

you are not in the position to give orders

> Here's what I think happened to you in the past.  You learned a bit of
> bash, SysVinit, and etckeeper.  You decided this was going to be THE
> THING for you -- your ultimate portfolio of skills -- forever for the
> rest of your life.

bullshit - my portfolio of skills goes far above things you can imagine,
i just refuse to fix things which ain't broken becase i have a lot of
other work which is worth the time

> Then us DevOps and systemd folks came crashing into your obsolescence party.
>
> You resent that -- it's exceedingly obvious from your attitude that you
> do.  That's why you've treated other people badly here.

bla

> It's time to evolve.  Arguably, it was time a few years ago.  Dust up
> your learning cap and re-learn how things are done now.  Or pretty soon,
> /you/ will be what becomes obsolete

impressive what a arrgoant asshole you are while talking about "treated
other people badly here" - maybe you did not grok it - my main job is
software-developer *on top* of the perfect working infrastructure and
before people like me knowing to hanle and develop backends and
frontends for hundrets of customer over any service level hell freezes over