[systemd-devel] Fail to reset-failed as user

Olivier Brunel jjk at jjacky.com
Thu Feb 5 10:20:34 PST 2015

On 02/03/15 22:17, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Fri, 12.12.14 16:06, Olivier Brunel (jjk at jjacky.com) wrote:
>
> Sorry for resurrecting this old thread this late. Is this still an
> issue? Does this work on current git?

Still an issue w/ 218 yes, haven't actually had time to try with current
git. I'll try to do that over the weekend.

>> Today I had one unit in failed state, and after taking care of things I
>> wanted to simply reset its state (to inactive) w/out having to start it.
>>
>> Looking up the man page, I see there's a command reset-failed for this
>> exact purpose, awesome. So I go:
>>
>> % systemctl reset-failed backups2.service
>> Failed to reset failed state of unit backups2.service: No such device or
>> address
>
> Hmm, did you issue this from some weird environment (su/sudo context,
> from a system service context or so?)
>
> If this is still an issue, could you try to reproduce this after
> issuing "systemd-analyze set-log-level debug"? Then please attach the
> log output this generates!

Meanwhile, this is what I get today: http://ix.io/gaR
This is not from some weird environment no (or, not that I'm aware of),
but an (almost) up-to-date Arch Linux x64, systemd 218.

-j