[systemd-devel] Handling of mount points that are stacked one on top of another on the exact same mount point

John Lane systemd at jelmail.com
Fri Feb 6 02:26:49 PST 2015

Two years ago I raised a query about bind mounting a subdirectory on top
of its parent mount point. I supplied a patch to allow this; it was
discussed but wasn't accepted.

At that time, there was talk about implementing a "BindSubdir" option to
systemd.mount but I don't think anything ever came of it.

There was a already TODO item since November 2011 "properly handle
.mount unit state tracking when two mount points are stacked one on top
of another on the exact same mount point." that got deleted on Fri Dec
12 2014 (308b57107606818431d3bff83e346eeab2f21e6a).

(Original thread:
http://systemd-devel.freedesktop.narkive.com/a14EcBcB/systemd-fstab-generator-and-multiple-mounts-to-same-mount-point)

Is there a way to do this now?