[systemd-devel] Suspend from wireless keyboard not working

Gustavo De Nardin (spuk) gustavodn at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 18:46:59 PST 2015

Hello.

I'm trying to make my notebook (Lenovo Thinkpad X230) suspend when pressing
the "sleep" extra key on a wireless keyboard (Logitech K270 using the
Logitech unifying receiver).

I've been able to map the "sleep" key to the 'pauseplay' action in a
'/etc/udev/hwdb.d/70-keyboard.hwdb' file, for testing, and it works (as
pause/play, of course), but when I map it to 'suspend', nothing happens.
Pressing the "suspend" key on the notebook's own keyboard works as expected
("out of the box", no messing from my part).

I'm running Arch Linux, systemd-218-1, no desktop environment, just
WindowMaker. /etc/logind.conf has HandleSuspendKey on default
('#HandleSuspendKey=suspend').

I also just learned from /usr/share/doc/systemd/NEWS that since v210 logind
won't suspend when the notebook has the lid closed and is on a docking
station, which is my case. But even testing with lid open and out of the
dock, it won't suspend from the wireless keyboard.

What else would be needed? Where/what should I look for?

Thanks.

t'

--
(nil)