[systemd-devel] kdbus in d-bus project

Maciej Wereski m.wereski at partner.samsung.com
Fri Feb 13 01:27:43 PST 2015

Dnia czwartek, 12 lutego 2015 18:28:45 Steven Noonan pisze:
> Hi all,

Hello,

> Is anyone maintaining a patch series against upstream d-bus for kdbus
> integration? I checked the kdbus-dev branch linked to by the kdbus
> Google Code page:
>
> https://review.tizen.org/git/?p=platform/upstream/dbus.git;a=shortlog;h=refs
> /heads/kdbus-dev
>
> But it hasn't been updated in over a year, and in that time kdbus has
> changed almost completely (i.e. now is kdbusfs...).

As you stated kdbus has changed quite fast. That's the main reason why kdbus
support development in libdbus was halted. Now, when kdbus is stabilizing we
plan to restart the efforts with libdbus.  Kdbus in glib is more mature, if
you'd like to see it, you'll find it in official repo:
<https://git.gnome.org/browse/glib/log/?h=wip/kdbus-junk>

We will discuss it with dbus upstream.

cheers,
--