[systemd-devel] heads-up: chasing journal(?) related regression in 219 causing boot hang/fail

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 20 07:26:12 PST 2015

Hey Zbigniew,

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek [2015-02-20 16:08 +0100]:
> Anything interesetingif you attach gdb to systemd-jouranld?Can you
> paste bt

It's in __epoll_wait_nocancel (glibc) →  sd_event_wait() ->
sd_event_run() -> main(), nothing surprising I'd say.

> and the Server variable (IIRC, it's *s in main)?

http://imagebin.org/330000

gdb and other commands are a bit awkward to use in the debug shell, as
systemd keeps painting its "(1 of 5) a startup job is running..."
messages over the screen. (Is there a trick to stop that? I don't want
to boot with quiet, that makes it much harder to see if/when it's
failing)

> How many open fds does sd-journald have?

Highest fd is 25, so I'd say "trivial".

Thanks,

Martin