[systemd-devel] systemd-fsck question

Nikolai Zhubr n-a-zhubr at yandex.ru
Tue Jan 6 13:59:27 PST 2015

Hi again,
06.01.2015 21:33, me wrote:
[...]
> All messages in system-fsck are generated using log_error().
> Now, how to get them also displayed to system console, at boot time?
>
> I supposed "StandardOutput/StandardError=journal+console" option is
> there exactly for that, but apparently log_error() only writes to the
> journal?

Ok. I've modified system-fsck so that it outputs some test message to
the standard output (essentially by simply using printf("Bla bla bla")).

Still, I can't make this message appear on console during boot (It only
appears in the journal).

Could someone please explain, what "StandardOutput=journal+console" is
supposed to do? Actully, it is not documented, just briefly mentioned in
documentation. Intuitively it would seem exactly what I want, and it is
even the default setting. Looking at the source, it's not completely
obvious to me though. Anyway, forwarding of standard output from
system-fsck to console does not seem to work. Maybe I'm doing something
very silly, or maybe there is some suse-specific breakage?

Thank you in advance,
Nikolai