[systemd-devel] KillUserProcesses timeout

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Jan 26 16:12:37 PST 2015

On Tue, 27.01.15 01:00, Mikhail Morfikov (mmorfikov at gmail.com) wrote:

> > Sorry, but I cannot parse this. Do you want a delay because when
> > logging out and back in you want to be able to reuse your old
> > gpg-agent? Or what precisely is the current behaviour and what do you
> > want it to be instead?
> >
> > Lennart
> >

> No, I just want to speed it up. Now I have to wait about 20s for
> KillUserProcesses so it can kill the remaining processes, and I
> want it to do that, let's say, in 1-2s max, that's it.

Normally, the SIGTERM should be delivered instantly on logout from
logind. Unless the PAM session end hook wasn't called or so.

If you log in as root, and then reproduce the 20s wait for another
user what does "loginctl session-status" and "loginctl user-status"
say about the session/user that is hanging?