[systemd-devel] KillUserProcesses timeout

Mikhail Morfikov mmorfikov at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 17:12:14 PST 2015

> Normally, the SIGTERM should be delivered instantly on logout from
> logind. Unless the PAM session end hook wasn't called or so.
>
> If you log in as root, and then reproduce the 20s wait for another
> user what does "loginctl session-status" and "loginctl user-status"
> say about the session/user that is hanging?
>
> Lennart

I know where the problem is. I'm using tmux, and when I try to log out
and at the same time I'm logged on root in tmux, I get the lag.

Here's the situation after logout:

morfik (1000)
	   Since: Tue 2015-01-27 01:59:56 CET; 1min 59s ago
	   State: closing
	Sessions: *3
	    Unit: user-1000.slice
		  ├─user at 1000.service
		  │ ├─3861 /lib/systemd/systemd --user
		  │ └─3863 (sd-pam)
		  └─session-3.scope
		    ├─3957 gpg-agent -s --enable-ssh-support --daemon --write...
		    ├─4082 tmux attach-session -t logi
		    ├─4084 bash -c cat /dev/logi | ccze -m ansi -p syslog -C
		    ├─4085 -bash
		    ├─4086 newsbeuter
		    ├─4088 cat /dev/logi
		    ├─4089 ccze -m ansi -p syslog -C
		    ├─5212 -bash
		    ├─5232 su -
		    ├─5250 -su
		    ├─5269 -bash
		    ├─5289 su -
		    └─5306 -su

And that's all of the remaining processes. After ~20s they will be also killed.

So, is there a way to kill them without logging out from the root account?