[systemd-devel] HEADS-UP: splitting python-systemd out

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Mon Jul 6 19:50:10 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jul 07, 2015 at 04:11:28AM +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:
> Hi!

> > The new separated package is at https://github.com/systemd/python-systemd
>
> ..
>
> > Following the example of libudev, I bumped the version of the separated
> > package to 230, so that it is guaranteed to stay larger than the last
> > version of systemd still containing python-systemd.
>

> Do you intend to publish release tarballs somewhere or should we get one from
> https://github.com/systemd/python-systemd/releases ?
I was hoping that the signed tags and tarballs created by github would
be enough. I built the Fedora package from that. I didn't see a way to
upload a tarball to github. I think they removed the ability
to do that a while back. But if it is necessary, I can publish
the tarballs somewhere.

> Btw, does anyone know if those release tarballs are generated by
> github on the fly and might have different md5sums?
I seem to get identical blob every time.

Zbyszek