[systemd-devel] Completion of error handling

SF Markus Elfring elfring at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jul 26 05:18:43 PDT 2015

> No, nothing needs more discussion or attention in the context of systemd.

I disagree here. - I would appreciate if return value ignorance can be still
reduced at more source code places.

Do you distinguish any update candidates which belong to a subsystem
in this software?

> None of the above seems contain anything useful or is expected to
> contribute anything useful in the future.

More time will pass by until the adoption of higher level tools might increase.

Changes can be introduced by file formats which need some manual work.
Would it be nice if a software evolution pattern should only be specified once
and can be applied to a wide range of source files then automatically?

> This is a development mailing list, we discuss patches and actual code,
> and not vague questions like you ask.

Do any updates need a bit of consensus before big efforts will be invested.

Will any software developer (besides me) become interested to integrate
a patch in the format of an AspectC++ file or a SmPL script for example?

Regards,
Markus