[systemd-devel] systemctl disable <service> not working as expected

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Jun 2 08:51:58 PDT 2015

Belal, Awais wrote on 01/06/15 15:49:
> Hi Lennart
>
> Thanks a lot for the reply. I believe it is off-topic here and I should rather post on the pulseaudio mailing list but please answer the below and I will come over to the pulse mailing list if need be.
>
> I have autospawn = no and daemon-binary = /bin/true in my client.conf but I still see pulseaudio being triggered... :(
> Can you please suggest a way on how I can disable it completely other than deleting/renaming the binary? Is the autospawn config not enough to make sure pulse is never started during system boot?

Depending on your version and DE and packaging etc, it may also be
getting spawned on login via and XDG Autostart file (.desktop).

This would typically be the /usr/bin/start-pulseaudio-x11 or
start-pulseaudio-kde scripts (triggered by their corresponding autostart
files).

Your distro might also put in other mechanisms.

Of course your distro might be strange and actually ship a service file
(or init script) but this is typically not the case. You have to
investigate yourself tho' - perhaps seeing help via your distro.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie