[systemd-devel] Alienware graphics amplifier scancodes

Mario Limonciello mario_limonciello at dell.com
Wed Jun 3 15:50:24 PDT 2015

On 05/29/2015 04:22 AM, Lennart Poettering wrote:

>>> Yes you can.
>> Wait, what?  No, you can't.
>>
>> 1) Not everyone has multiple monitors plugged into multiple GPU's.
>>
>> 2) The system ships with a dGPU and supports an xGPU.  If you remove the
>> dGPU from the chassis, all you have is the xGPU.  If you unplug xGPU,
>> there's nothing left..
> gdm has multi seat support btw: it will spawn X servers on all seats
> capable of graphics. if you unplug all graphics cards than this simply
> means that your number of graphics-capable seats went from > 0 to
> 0. That's all. And if you plug in a graphics card then, then it goes
> from 0 to 1 again and you get a fresh new login prompt on it.
>
> Lennart

Lennart,

The kernel bits and discussion around hot unplug aside, can you please
add support to systemd to map the scan codes?  For the other scenarios
such as the cable being connected and the disconnect button being
pressed userspace will need to provide a notification to the user what
to do next.  I've added the details (and a proposed patch) to bug
90689.  If these are also controversial, I'd like to know what else you
have in mind.

Thanks,