[systemd-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Git development moved to github

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Jun 9 12:41:13 PDT 2015

On Wed, 03.06.15 10:39, Krzesimir Nowak (krzesimir at endocode.com) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I see that some patches from mailing list were imported as issues to
> github.com (like this one - https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/16).
> There's a problem with that - I can't update the PR anymore with followup
> fixes and whatnot. What's the workflow in this case? File a new PR and ask
> nicely for old one to be deleted?

So I think updating the PR (by force-pushing) is really nasty, and we
shouldn't do it. Instead, please push a new PR, mention that it
obsoletes the old one. (of course, I wished that github would know a
concept of PR "obsoletion" natively...)

Also, I think in this case we really should require an issue being
created for the entire thing that groups the various PRs together. (In
fact, I am pretty sure we should *enforce* that all PRs have an issue
attached to them. Maybe with a bot or so that creates issues for all
PRs that reference no issue).