[systemd-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Git development moved to github

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Jun 9 14:44:42 PDT 2015

On Tue, 09.06.15 21:11, Jóhann B. Guðmundsson (johannbg at gmail.com) wrote:

> We need to do proper QA to properly support and backup our downstream
> consumers ( distributions, embedded and otherwise)  and that means tagging
> bugs by distributions, vendors, releases.

I'd be very careful with starting to track downstream issues
upstream. I explicitly want to avoid that. It's a good thing that the
bug kingdoms there are seperate, and that we aren't flooded with all
kinds of downstream bugs all the time upstream. The "pre-filtering"
done by downstream is absolutely important to keep things managable
for us upstream.

If anything I would be more strict here, and systematically refuse bug
reports upstream for any package version older than the newest two,
unless escalated by the downstream maintainers.