[systemd-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Git development moved to github

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Jun 10 08:09:50 PDT 2015

On Wed, 10.06.15 14:53, Jóhann B. Guðmundsson (johannbg at gmail.com) wrote:

> >>If you want good review tool, why not use gerrit?
> >We do not have the resources to maintain our own infrastructure.
>
> In term of manpower we have 452 code contributors and 1170 members
> subscribed to this list.
>
> Then there are several means to fund that infrastructure so could you please
> clarify how you come to this conclusion that we are short on resources?

"lurkers" and "admins who are committed to continously run services
for us for free over years" are quite different things.

Also, systemd is not an organization, we are just some losely
affiliated hackers. We have no budget, we have no money, we cannot
employ anyone, and we have zero intention to change that and acquire
budget/money/administration.