[systemd-devel] Can kdbus send signal to the source connection?

eshark eshark77 at 163.com
Tue Jun 16 23:11:11 PDT 2015

Hi,
   I'm so sorry for not giving you more details,  I'm a freshman here, but I'll try to do better in the future.
I will give the answers under each of the questions .

At 2015-06-16 18:54:23, "David Herrmann" <dh.herrmann at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi
>
>On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 12:07 PM, eshark <eshark77 at 163.com> wrote:
>> At 2015-06-16 15:54:10, "David Herrmann" <dh.herrmann at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>Can you be more specific, please? What do you mean by "network module
>>>of our systemd cannot work OK"?
>>

>Does this only happen with kdbus?
Yes.  It's OK with DBus.
>Does this only happen with you kdbus-patch to make broadcasts being
>sent to oneself?
Yes. Without modifying kdbus_bus_broadcast(),  I can always get the ip.
>Or does it happen with unmodified kdbus, too?
Never.
>What exactly changes?
I just commented out the following two lines in the kdbus_bus_broadc
//         if (conn_dst->id == kmsg->msg.src_id)
//                continue;

>Does everything work perfectly well without kdbus?
As for network, it did work well without my patch.

>Is the missing DHCP connectivity the only difference you see with kdbus?
Acctually, I  cannot connet to the device by "adb". But  I did run "netcfg" in the terminal, and eth0 didn't get ip as before.

>What kdbus version do you run?
kdbus-4.1-rc1
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/char-misc.git/
>What systemd version do you use? (in case of git: which commit?)
systemd v219
commit: d736e4f3e76daca4ab1b1fc444737e5ee20a27cd

>Did you pass --enable-kdbus to systemd?
Yes , I did.
>What upstream kernel version do you use?
3.10.33, we back-ported the kdbus to our kernel.

>Any obscure messages in the system-log that you didn't see before?
From dmesg , I can see that the "systemd" process  calls kdbus_bus_broadcast() endlessly, and the condition " if (conn_dst->id == kmsg->msg.src_id)" is always true.
It seems that  when booting,  the "systemd " process enters a  dead loop by  sending some signal to the source connection.
So , systemd cannot boot any  service , including network.

Thanks!
Li Cheng