[systemd-devel] Can kdbus send signal to the source connection?

eshark eshark77 at 163.com
Tue Jun 16 21:13:54 PDT 2015

Hi,
   I'm so sorry for not giving you more details,  I'm a freshman here, but I'll try to do better in the future.
I will give the answers under each of the questions .

At 2015-06-16 18:54:23, "David Herrmann" <dh.herrmann at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi
>
>On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 12:07 PM, eshark <eshark77 at 163.com> wrote:
>> At 2015-06-16 15:54:10, "David Herrmann" <dh.herrmann at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>Can you be more specific, please? What do you mean by "network module
>>>of our systemd cannot work OK"?
>>
>> Sorry.  Acctually  our network module cannot get ip by DHCP.  Our network
>> module is
>> connman, which depends on libdbus.    And the connman will connect to KDBus
>> through the bus-proxyd, which is implemented in the libsystemd.
>
>Can you please be more specific!
>

>Does this only happen with kdbus?
Yes.  It's OK with DBus.
>Does this only happen with you kdbus-patch to make broadcasts being
>sent to oneself?
Yes. Without modifying kdbus_bus_broadcast(),  I can always get the ip.
>Or does it happen with unmodified kdbus, too?
Never.
>What exactly changes?
I just commented out the following two lines in the kdbus_bus_broadc
//         if (conn_dst->id == kmsg->msg.src_id)
//                continue;

>Does everything work perfectly well without kdbus?
As for network, it did work well without my patch.

>Is the missing DHCP connectivity the only difference you see with kdbus?
Acctually, I  cannot connet to the device by "adb". But  I did run "netcfg" in the terminal, and eth0 didn't get ip as before.

>What kdbus version do you run?
kdbus-4.1-rc1
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/char-misc.git/
>What systemd version do you use? (in case of git: which commit?)
systemd v219
commit: d736e4f3e76daca4ab1b1fc444737e5ee20a27cd

>Did you pass --enable-kdbus to systemd?
Yes , I did.
>What upstream kernel version do you use?
3.10.33, we back-ported the kdbus to our kernel.

>Any obscure messages in the system-log that you didn't see before?
Em, without my kdbus patch,  logcat about  ethernet are something like
  "D/EthernetService(  810): EthernetNative.isEthDeviceAdded(eth0) return true
I/EthernetStateTracker(  810): trigger dhcp for device eth0
D/EthernetStateTracker(  810): DhcpHandler: DHCP request started
I/dhcpcd  ( 1298): dhcpcd: /system/bin/dhcpcd -ABKL -f/system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd.conf -f /system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd.conf -h MagicBox1s_Plus-4f107e212611c512 eth0
E/dhcpcd  ( 1298): disable closefrom(), else no log output
D/dhcpcd  ( 1298): read global config/options from file /system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd.conf
I/dhcpcd  ( 1298): ARP | GATEWAY | IPV4LL | DAEMONISE | LINK | IPV6RS |
D/dhcpcd  ( 1298): Add options from command line
I/dhcpcd  ( 1298): GATEWAY | HOSTNAME | IPV6RS |
I/dhcpcd  ( 1298): version 5.5.6 starting

I/dhcpcd  ( 1298): eth0: Router Advertisement from fe80::cd2:d5a:f02f:351c
D/dhcpcd  ( 1298): eth0: executing `/system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-run-hooks', reason ROUTERADVERT
I/dhcpcd  ( 1298): eth0: fe80::cd2:d5a:f02f:351c: expired Router Advertisement
D/dhcpcd  ( 1298): eth0: executing `/system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-run-hooks', reason ROUTERADVERT
"
But with my kdbus patch , logcat related to ethernet are only one line
 "I/ethernet(  559): Loading ethernet jni class"
which doesn't occur  when the system can get ip.

I also attach the two logcat files , which are clear by their file names.
(Note: I've abbreviated the logcat files by removing irrelative lines, otherwise they are too large to be accepted )

Thanks!
Li Cheng