[systemd-devel] Stricter handling of failing mounts during boot under systemd - crap idea !

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 07:21:44 PDT 2015

On 06/29/2015 02:08 PM, jon wrote:
> https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/release-notes/ch-information.en.html#systemd-upgrade-default-init-system
>
> I just installed debian 8.1, on the whole my reaction is mixed, one
> thing however really pisses me off more than any other
>
> "5.6.1. Stricter handling of failing mounts during boot under systemd"
>
> This is not "Stricter" it is a change in default behaviour.
>
> This change is a shit idea, who do I shout at to get the behaviour
> modified to back to sensible ?

The systemd community only recommends what downstream consumers of it
should do but does not dictate or othewise decided anything how those
consumers eventually decide to implement systemd so if you dont like how
systemd is implemented in Debian you should voice your concerns with the
Debian community.

JBG