[systemd-devel] Unable to remove images using machinectl

Erik Johnson erik at saltstack.com
Mon Mar 2 22:48:29 PST 2015

On Tue, Mar 03, 2015 at 07:11:18AM +0100, Peter Paule wrote:
>Excerpts from Erik Johnson's message of 2015-03-02 14:10:06 -0700:
>> Thanks. I applied the patch, restarted dbus, and now I get the
>> following after a 20-30 second pause:
>
>@Erik
>Did you use the aur package or did you compile systemd and install it
>using make? Do you have experience rolling back to the normal package
>provided by arch?
>
>I'm just asking because I thought about installing systemd on my arch,
>but as it is my machine which I use very frequently I don't want to
>crash it. :-)

The patch was to the dbus policy, it did not require a recompile.

You can always boot to an Arch snapshot ISO, mount your partitions under
/mnt, and do an "arch-chroot /mnt", then install a previous systemd from
/var/cache/pacman/pkg.

--

Erik Johnson | Senior Engineer

3400 North Ashton Blvd, Suite 110 | Lehi, UT 84043
erik at saltstack.com | http://saltstack.com