[systemd-devel] Unable to remove images using machinectl

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Mar 3 02:40:54 PST 2015

On Tue, 03.03.15 07:11, Peter Paule (systemd-devel at fedux.org) wrote:

> Excerpts from Erik Johnson's message of 2015-03-02 14:10:06 -0700:
> > Thanks. I applied the patch, restarted dbus, and now I get the
> > following after a 20-30 second pause:
>
> @Erik
> Did you use the aur package or did you compile systemd and install it
> using make? Do you have experience rolling back to the normal package
> provided by arch?

To fix the bus policy it is sufficient to copy that one file in. The
policy XML file is not processed any further it's installed as is into
the system.

> I'm just asking because I thought about installing systemd on my arch,
> but as it is my machine which I use very frequently I don't want to
> crash it. :-)
>
> @Lennart
> Is is difficult to get "rid" of a systemd package installed from git?

Well if you built systemd with "./autogen.sh c && make -j6 && sudo
make install" then you should be able to simply install the original
package from your distro again and it should replace everything again.