[systemd-devel] nilfs-cleanerd startup on boot

dennis.murata at wipro.com dennis.murata at wipro.com
Tue Mar 3 17:11:50 PST 2015

I had to add the kernel-modules-extra package that you list below.  This is probably why I also had to add the file in modules-load.d to get this module loaded

> Try "modinfo nilfs2"
>
> Older fedora needed kernel-modules-extra package. [1]
>
> [1] http://nilfs.sourceforge.net/en/pkg_fedora.html

> >> How is that daemon supposed to be started? Is it forked off /bin/mount?

> >> It uses /bin/mount for mounting normal file systems.
>
> nilfs_cleanerd is invoked through /sbin/mount.nilfs2 helper. [2] The helper is
> called from /sbin/mount if it exists.

What is confusing to me, is an umount then a mount will start the nilfs_cleanerd process so it does exist on the system.  I had expected it to be started as soon as the file system was mounted the first time.