[systemd-devel] bootloader time on a non-EFI bootloader

Kay Sievers kay at vrfy.org
Mon Mar 16 03:38:30 PDT 2015

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 11:29 AM, Umut Tezduyar Lindskog
<umut at tezduyar.com> wrote:
> I would like to pass the time it was spent in bootloader to systemd.
> Is there a kernel command line to pass this information on non EFI
> bootloader? Or is there an another way?

No, there isn't anything I know of.

The kernel boot protocol should probably be extended to accept a block
of values to be passed from the loader to the OS, and be exported
somewhere by the kernel itself to userspace.

Overloading the kernel command line with that does not sound like the
right approach. We should not support anything like that from systemd.

Kay