[systemd-devel] Drop systemd-ui

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 09:03:59 PDT 2015

On 03/31/2015 02:30 PM, Michael Laß wrote:
> Am Montag, den 30.03.2015, 20:35 +0000 schrieb "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson":
>> It's not like this is receiving the love it needs, hence I'm pretty sure
>> nobody is using this.
> Is there a replacement for systemd-gnome-ask-password-agent in any
> desktop suite? I know at least one person using that peace of
> systemd-ui… Of course it can be easily forked and maintained outside of
> systemd if there is no interest in maintaining it upstream anymore.

Does not KDE have/use systemd-kde-agent [1] that serves the same purpose?

Anyway systemd-gnome-ask-password-agent sounds like something that
should be part of Gnome itself ( Gnome Keyring maybe? ) and or part of
other *DE with s/Gnome/DE

The code is here [2] and the doc for password agents here [3].

1. https://github.com/oxan/systemd-kde-agent
2.
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd-ui/tree/src/gnome-ask-password-agent.vala
3. http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PasswordAgents/