[systemd-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Separating gudev from systemd

David Herrmann dh.herrmann at gmail.com
Tue May 19 08:06:29 PDT 2015

Hi

We're about to remove gudev from the systemd repository, as it is in
no way related to the systemd code-base, nor used by the systemd
project. To preserve backwards compatibility, gudev was extracted into
a separate repository and is now managed on gnome.org:

    Homepage: https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/libgudev
    Bugtracker: http://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=libgudev
    Releases: http://download.gnome.org/sources/libgudev/
    Repository: http://git.gnome.org/browse/libgudev/

    ArchLinux: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/li/libgudev/PKGBUILD
    Others: TBD

The new libgudev project is binary-compatible to gudev as provided by
systemd-219. Distributions are encouraged to pass --disable-gudev to
systemd and provide gudev via the libgudev project. We haven't decided
at which point gudev will be dropped from the systemd repository, but
chances are systemd-221 will not include it, anymore.

If there are any issues, please let me know.

Thanks
David