[systemd-devel] 220 tarball erroneously ships keyboard-keys-from-name.gperf

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Wed May 27 04:03:47 PDT 2015

Lennart Poettering [2015-05-27 12:56 +0200]:
> > Sounds good. I actually did this twice (not sure if you saw my IRC
> > pings about that) I just didn't do it at the "right time". I think
> > this would have helped to find most issues indeed (except for the
> > keys-from-name.gperf thing, but meh -- happens seldomly enough), so
> > let's try this for 221!
>
> Any chance to automate that in a cron-job on some server?

Yes, that has been on my wishlist for quite a while. We have
a fairly comprehensive set of integration tests now which give systemd
quite some beating; the main thing that's causing throuble is that
they won't completely succeed without porting patches, but there's
certainly some heuristics/leeway there (e. g. find the ones which are
required and ignore failure to apply the others).

> Ideally we'd really have a Jenkins instance for that, like David
> Strauss' one, but testing the .deb packages Ubuntu (or Debian)
> builds.

*nod*

Martin