[systemd-devel] systemd-logind and selinux enforcing: Assertion failed

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Fri May 29 06:54:09 PDT 2015

On Fri, 29.05.15 14:04, George Karakougioumtzis (mad-proffessor at hotmail.com) wrote:

> As i was trying to enforce selinux on a fedora 21 i got this which seems
> more related to systemd-mailing list rather than the selinux one.
>
>  systemd-logind[355]: Assertion 's->user->slice' failed at
> ../src/login/logind-session.c:496, function session_start_scope(). Aborting.
>
> As a result loginctl doesnt pick up the user logins and sessions and polkit is totally unusable. Running in permissive mode everything works as expected

Are you sure you are running the latest systemd rpm? A bug like this
was fixed quite some time ago upstream and to my knowledge also in
Fedora.

Also, please report issues like this to the distro bug trackers first,
unless the distro maintainers ask you to escalate this upstream or you
are running the most recent released systemd version from upstream
(v220 at this point).