[systemd-devel] journalctl's http://localhost:19531/browse

Kai Hendry hendry at webconverger.com
Mon Nov 2 02:44:56 PST 2015

On Mon, 2 Nov 2015, at 06:10 PM, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> Note that the website will show only those accessible to the
> "systemd-journal" group.
>
> Did you run "logger" unprivileged? Did you run journalctl privileged?
> That might explain the difference?

In that video earlier I ran journalctl as my user, so unprivileged, but
it still sees my logger commands, unlike http://localhost:19531/browse

Though what you said sounds like a good explanation. However how do make
the Web interface show my user's `logger` invocations? I did try adding
my user to the systemd-journal group, but that didn't seem to solve my
issue.

> well, systemd-journal-gatewayd serves that already, you can just use
> that...

Ah! Perfect. Oh but I need a way to setup CORS so I can access it from
my Webapp:
http://s.natalian.org/2015-11-02/systemd-journal-gatewayd.png

Shall I file a bug?
https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+systemd-journal-gatewayd