[systemd-devel] automount and user

Igor Bukanov igor at mir2.org
Wed Nov 18 04:02:47 PST 2015

On 18 November 2015 at 12:28, Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> We don't support that. Invoking user processes from a system context
> is something we generally avoid.

Could you clarify how this is related to an ability to invoke a user
process? For example, I can explicitly pass uid=1000,gid=1000 as a
mount option to fuse.sshfs and that makes the mounted tree owned by
that user also with systemd mount/automount.

What I see is that systemd lacks an ability to pass to the mount
command an automount context like UID/GID of the process that accessed
the mount point first. But I do not see how that can harm security
besides an extra code complexity.