[systemd-devel] /etc/dbus-1/session-local.conf

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 11:40:51 PDT 2015

As I am trying to improve my knowledges in how dbus work, I discovered
this file in /etc/dbus-1/session-local.conf
------------------------
<busconfig>
  <listen>unix:path=/run/user/1000/dbus/user_bus_socket</listen>
</busconfig>
--------------------------

I Can't remember editing it, but I must have done it.

I understand it overrides settings in /usr/share/dbus-1/session.conf

In my case, it is correct as my session dbus socket is indeed in the
above path, thus override
<listen>unix:tmpdir=/tmp</listen> in /usr/share/dbus-1/session.conf.

Now I am wondering this: I am user 1000 and almost the only one user
of the machine. But what if another user log in? In this case, the
path will be somewhere else.
Does this file recognize environment varaibles like  ${XDG_RUNTIME_DIR } ?

Thank you for tips.
--

google.com/+arnaudgabourygabx