[systemd-devel] systemctl -M foo operates on host not container foo

cwbell at narmos.org cwbell at narmos.org
Sun Sep 13 07:27:21 PDT 2015

I also have run into this issue with systemd 225. -M no longer operates on containers. It worked on 224.

--Chris

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 5:44 PM -0700, "Johannes Ernst" <johannes.ernst at gmail.com> wrote:

This sounds silly but I do think this used to work for me (current: v225 on Arch, perhaps something broke?)

> systemctl -M foo enable sshd.service

creates the symlink on the host, not in the container.
Other sub-commands also work on the host, not the container.

machine foo doesn’t actually exist. If it exists, the behavior is still the same.

The machine name argument is completely ignored.

What am I missing?

Actually just found an old v222. That produces a dbus error if machine foo does not exist. That sounds more reasonable.

Cheers,

Johannes.