[systemd-devel] What I think is really wrong with systemd

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 16 06:08:54 PDT 2015

MichaƂ Zegan [2015-09-16 14:41 +0200]:
> I actually believe that debian does some splitting, for example pam-systemd
> module is in a separate package. Actually I feel that particular case is
> wrong, but it happens there. I mean debian jessie, of course.

FYI, this is required for supporting Multi-Arch, it's not wrong.

Debian does split the package quite a bit, yes. All libraries, their
-dev packages, and libnss*/libpam* need to be separate binaries, and
udev and systemd-sysv need to be separate for supporting other init
systems still. We also recently split out "systemd-container" for
nspawn/machinectl/importd etc. so that we can enable all features
without introducing big new dependencies into minimal systems.

Martin