[systemd-devel] What I think is really wrong with systemd

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Sep 17 01:00:28 PDT 2015

Reindl Harald wrote on 17/09/15 02:19:

> Am 17.09.2015 um 03:08 schrieb Jon Stanley:
>> On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 8:45 PM, Reindl Harald
>> <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
>>
>>> nonsense
>>>
>>> 4.1.x will get a lot more updates while 4.2.x get them too
>>> systemd never ever had any minor release
>>
>> That is the nonsense. 4.1.x is not maintained by the kernel
>> maintainer, but rather someone interested in maintaining old releases
>> of the kernel. Linus has zero to do with what goes into 4.1.x (other
>> than Greg's rule that all changes in linux-stable must be in the
>> mainline kernel)
>
> Linus is not the Kernel alone
>
> frankly, i don't matter which person is repsonsible for what exactly -

Exactly, and the systemd -stable branches that many distributions use
serve precisely the same purpose. Just because they are not distributed
as a tarball makes no odds. Systemd itself is no longer distributed as a
tarball either and as you said, it [doesn't] matter which person is
responsible.

So, as your argument make no sense...
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/175/839/nickcage.jpeg

Col