[systemd-devel] What I think is really wrong with systemd

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Sep 16 18:19:41 PDT 2015

Am 17.09.2015 um 03:08 schrieb Jon Stanley:
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 8:45 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
>
>> nonsense
>>
>> 4.1.x will get a lot more updates while 4.2.x get them too
>> systemd never ever had any minor release
>
> That is the nonsense. 4.1.x is not maintained by the kernel
> maintainer, but rather someone interested in maintaining old releases
> of the kernel. Linus has zero to do with what goes into 4.1.x (other
> than Greg's rule that all changes in linux-stable must be in the
> mainline kernel)

Linus is not the Kernel alone

frankly, i don't matter which person is repsonsible for what exactly -
kernel.org provides minor releases while systemd just a idiotoic number
and any downstream needs to cherry pick

in case of the kernel any downstream just takes the tarball from
kernel.org and is done - hence 4.1.7-200.fc22.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Sep 14
20:19:24 UTC 2015 directly from the Fedora buildservers

that's a large difference