[systemd-devel] systemd efi boot and default entry

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 15:15:50 UTC 2016

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 4:59 PM, Jóhann B. Guðmundsson
<johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
> That makes no sense that an boot is not market completed until it manage to
> contact it's update servers but inline with other hacks coreOS is doing in
> relation with systemd.

I sense a lot of negativity here:-)

A server needs to provide some set of functionality. Only once that
functionality is available the server has booted successfully. If it
never gets to that state, then it should revert back to the previous
known-good state where that functionality was still available. So all
you should provide is a tool to report a successful (or failed) boot
and act accordingly, so that such tests are easy to set up (and a way
to trigger those tests, but systemd does cover that already:-).

I don't think doing more than that makes sense.

Best Regards,
Tobias