[systemd-devel] centos-ci

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Apr 12 14:43:05 UTC 2016

On Tue, 12.04.16 11:52, Jóhann B. Guðmundsson (johannbg at gmail.com) wrote:

> Anyone know that centos is not running the latest version(s) of systemd
> required for the upstream bug tracker so one has to ask what notification
> spam is this
> "Can one of the admins verify this patch?"

Daniel is working on adding a CI infrastructure that allows us
building things on a RHEL-based system for each PR. This is work in
progress, and the spamming of the PRs with the mentioned line an
unfortunate mistake.

We have no intention to support upstream systemd on such old RHELs,
but the test systems are hacked enough with never packages to allow us
test things on Red-Hat-based systems.

Right now the CI systems we use are all based on Ubuntu, which is
kinda weird, as most of the systemd core developers actually work for
RH and run Fedora locally... ;-)