[systemd-devel] centos-ci

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 14:57:08 UTC 2016

> On Tue, 12.04.16 11:52, Jóhann B. Guðmundsson (johannbg at gmail.com) wrote:
>
>> Anyone know that centos is not running the latest version(s) of systemd
>> required for the upstream bug tracker so one has to ask what notification
>> spam is this
>> "Can one of the admins verify this patch?"
> Daniel is working on adding a CI infrastructure that allows us
> building things on a RHEL-based system for each PR. This is work in
> progress, and the spamming of the PRs with the mentioned line an
> unfortunate mistake.
>
> We have no intention to support upstream systemd on such old RHELs,
> but the test systems are hacked enough with never packages to allow us
> test things on Red-Hat-based systems.
>
> Right now the CI systems we use are all based on Ubuntu, which is
> kinda weird, as most of the systemd core developers actually work for
> RH and run Fedora locally... ;-)

I see but It's should not matter which company you work for or which
distribution upstream developers favor otherwise you end up risking
bias-ing the product on those favored downstream distribution or the
(current) employment which is one of the root cause for the existing
fragmentation in the first place.

And based on your response I have to ask, is someone higher up the Red
hat ladder yanking your chain and thus the project loosing it's
independence in the process or has your and other systemd's core
developers view on the matter being independent changed?

JBG