[systemd-devel] Network Interface Names: solution for a desktop OS

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Wed Apr 13 01:08:56 UTC 2016

Reindl Harald schreef op 13-04-16 02:06:

> Am 13.04.2016 um 01:20 schrieb Xen:
>> Greg KH schreef op 13-04-16 01:16:
>>>
>>> Most machines boot to login faster than a "few seconds", so:
>>
>> Most machines boot to login faster than a few seconds?
>>
>> What machines are you talking about?
>>
>> Anyway the 3 seconds I mentioned is or would be a relative number
>
> STOP IT NOW

What are you on about?

Just because I don't have a superfast system, I cannot say anything?

If you have a system that has logged on to the internet and cracked the
white house in a fraction of a millisecond, that still doesn't change or
take away from anything I have said.

The system still needs to do things in a certain order.

That order is relevant, not actual times I just mentioned as an example.

And very wonderful for you to have systems that boot in 4 seconds and
you then keep running for 20 weeks.

My applauds. You have saved an amazing amount of time, now you can go on
a holiday. Because your system boots fast.

Congratulations.