[systemd-devel] Network Interface Names: solution for a desktop OS

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Apr 13 08:26:58 UTC 2016

Am 13.04.2016 um 03:08 schrieb Xen:
> Reindl Harald schreef op 13-04-16 02:06:

>>> Most machines boot to login faster than a few seconds?
>>>
>>> What machines are you talking about?
>>>
>>> Anyway the 3 seconds I mentioned is or would be a relative number
>>
>> STOP IT NOW
>
> What are you on about?
>
> Just because I don't have a superfast system, I cannot say anything?

no beause of "hmm let wait 3 seconds for something we don't know if it
ever appears and how long it would take to appear" is unacceptable in
general as additional boot time and on many setups would double the
whole boot time

nobody right in his mind would implement a "sleep 3" for a general
purpose setup in the boot process

*kernel time* is below 1 second on most machines