[systemd-devel] systemd hibernator generator does not function on default Fedora install

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 19:50:35 UTC 2016

Hi Chris,

Am 20.04.2016 18:48 schrieb "Chris Murphy" <lists at colorremedies.com>:
> There two IRSTs. One is Rapid Storage (firmware raid working in
> conjunction with mdadm), the other is Rapid Start.

I am aware of that and we both refer to the same thing.

> Rapid Start is what
> I'm referring to and even though the branding tags the CPU it's really
> a firmware feature.

Yes, still Lenovo insists that Intel asked them to remove that feature for
their skylake models.

> There's nothing to enable or disable, there's no
> user configurable options at that level.

It still won't work if the firmware support is gone.

> And I find it hard to believe something that hibernates and resumes
> about as fast as sleep and wake, does not involve the OS at all, has
> the ability to transition from sleep to hibernate when the battery is
> low or after a specified time frame is going to be dropped in favor of
> OS managed hibernation once again.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T460s-Does-it-have-Intel-rapid-start/m-p/3284398#M107869

Best Regards,
Tobias