[systemd-devel] systemd hibernator generator does not function on default Fedora install

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Wed Apr 20 20:42:01 UTC 2016

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 1:50 PM, Tobias Hunger <tobias.hunger at gmail.com> wrote:

> https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T460s-Does-it-have-Intel-rapid-start/m-p/3284398#M107869

Too bad. I'm not sure what it means though, deprecated marketing or
the actual feature is gone?

Anyway, the most complete solution for BIOS, UEFI, and UEFI Secure
Boot systems, is fast startups as possible (which helps all kinds of
use cases not just desktops), and then encourage DE's and app makers
to support apps that save their own state without users having to
manually save files, and default to power off in low battery cases.

I guess opensuse has some patches that aren't upstream yet that
support signed hibernation images for UEFI Secure Boot?  Maybe there's
a way forward at some point. But right now I'm just not seeing it.
There's some kind of brick wall in every direction with hibernation.

--
Chris Murphy