[systemd-devel] ExecStop upon un-expected but clean shutdown

Mathieu Lacage mathieu.lacage at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 07:54:59 UTC 2016

Hi,

While trying to make progress on this issue, I found this:
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2015-February/028058.html
which appears to be a similar problem. I eventually identified changeset
d54ddab8cbad46290306fc6e3346089fe3772d5c as the relevant change by Lennart.
A quick check in my server's distribution source package shows that this
change is already included in my server's systemd yet, I can still observe
the infinite loop described in my first email when someone kills my service
without systemctl: ExecStop is executed and blocks forever because it
attempts to connect to the service's activation socket which is under the
control of systemd itself.

Am I supposed to re-implement my ExecStop command to not use the activation
socket ?

Mathieu