[systemd-devel] libsystemd export message_append_cmdline

Brad Bishop bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com
Mon Aug 15 15:05:36 UTC 2016

Hi list

I am developing an sd-event+sd-bus application that simply blocks until a property changes to a specific value using org.freedesktop.DBus.ObjectManager.PropertiesChanged and org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Get.

I plan on using this application from service units to express ordering dependencies.

A couple questions:

1 - Does anyone have any feedback on this approach in general?
2 - Should I not be writing my own app - i.e. is this something busctl can do or makes sense to extend it to do?
3 - If I write my own application, message_append_cmdline seems to be a perfect fit for parsing cmdlines…how does the community feel about exporting it?

Thanks for your time and feedback.

brad bishop