[systemd-devel] Head ups - upstream first no longer applies to the kernel.

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Aug 16 10:27:16 UTC 2016

On Tue, 16.08.16 10:11, Jóhann B. Guðmundsson (johannbg at gmail.com) wrote:

> Yes kdbus is a good example why this should  not be done.
>
> Why not just have an experimental repository for out of tree, un-merged
> stuff upstream and those that want to use/rely/test that stuff can build and
> run it downstream?

Because we want this stuff in the hands of people. In fact, we are
interested into seeing the matching kernel patch in Fedora kernels
too, in order to make sure this gets more presence.

And cgroupsv2 isn't just some entirely random thing: it fixes major
bugs for us, and is at the core what systemd does.