[systemd-devel] systemd-nspawn

Mantas Mikulėnas grawity at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 05:33:07 PST 2016

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 3:06 PM, Pascal <patatetom at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi it's me again ;-),
>
> with options *network-bridge* or *network-veth*, you « need » to
> configure network host card *ve-container at if2* and network container card
> *host0 at if5*..
>
> with my request, the idea would be to not disconnect the loopback device
> and so, without network configuration, the container could simply expose network
> services throught the host...
>
> instead of the option *port* to run with the option *private-network*,
> this could be a new option (lo-network) that doesn't totally disconnect the
> network of the two systems, but leaves only loopback device...

Nice idea, but no. Systemd can't pick and choose which interfaces to
"disconnect" and which to keep – Linux network namespaces are an
all-or-nothing thing. You can only *move* interfaces between namespaces
(e.g. host0 gets moved from the main NS to the container), but you cannot
have the same interface in multiple namespaces at once.

--
Mantas Mikulėnas <grawity at gmail.com>