[systemd-devel] systemd shutdown behavior

Jay Burger jay.burger at us.fujitsu.com
Sat Feb 13 16:12:45 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have a general question concerning systemd's behavior during
systemctl reboot, halt or poweroff.

As the system is in the process of shutting down, I am wondering if a
service fails during the shutdown process does systemd still honor the
restart/reboot behavior defined in that programs service file.

For example if a service has defined a restart sequence, will systemd
try to restart that service even though it is in the process of shutting down?
Same question for a service that has defined a FailureAction=reboot?

I am running systemd 213 so maybe this is not the case now, but I have
observed behavior that makes me think the answer to both questions is
yes, the defined actions are still honored.

Thanks in advance,

-Jay